Flint Children Museum
Our Mission: To inspire a love for learning and awaken imagination through exploration and hands on play.
- Helps children develop essential foundational skills through specific learning environments that are developmentally appropriate for infants, toddlers and children
- Lights a creative spark for discovery and lifelong learning so that children become excited about what they are learning while they are playing. As multidisciplinary institutions, children’s museums are defining how to teach the arts, humanities, sciences, mathematics and human relations across generations.
- Provides an environment where families connect in meaningful ways away from work and household distractions. Children and parents can learn something new and experience the luxury of becoming lost in the present moment as they play.
- Serves as a town square and builds social capital, as children are most likely to inspire a family’s community involvement. The Children’s Museum engages families and individual citizens to share their talents and points of view.
- Helps reverse stigma and discrimination by exposing adults and children to unfamiliar concepts in a non-threatening, hands-on approach. The museum experience is accessible to those of differing abilities and backgrounds, creating bridges of understanding.
- Strengthens community resources that educate and care for children especially where programs have been reduced or completely eliminated from schools and libraries due to budget constraints
- Contributes to local economies and reduces economic barriers as a sought–after local and travel destination with discounted/free admission for low–income individuals